Funeral expenses are determined by the selections of each particular family. Many individuals wisely choose to offset the effects of inflation by pre-funding their funeral arrangements. As licensed pre-arrangement counselors, we will explain the different options available to your family. For those individuals unable to relinquish payment in full, we offer affordable prepayment plans to fit every budget. Whatever the case may be, consider the following advantages to pre-funding funeral expenses:
- Inflation-proof funeral – In general, funeral expenses are said to double every ten years. When a funeral is paid in advance, the same services and merchandise selected at today's costs will be rendered at any time in the future with no additional cost to the family.
- Relieve survivors of a financial burden - Payment in full at the time of a pre-arrangement is considered payment in full at the time of death.
- Interest free payments – Payment plans can be arranged your way with no added interest.
- Eligibility for medical assistance - Pre-arranged funds are not considered an asset when applying for any form of medical assistance.
- Taxes - Pre-arranged funds can be non-taxable.
- Safety and security - It is the legal obligation of any funeral home to place pre-funded funeral expenses into a trust account and/or some form of insurance vehicle. At Bekavac Funeral Home, our licensed professionals will offer suggestions and guidance as to which method may best suit your needs.
- Flexibility – Plan now and change later with no penalty. If you need to alter your final arrangements you may do so at any time at no extra cost. Likewise, pre-arranged funds can be transferred to any funeral provider nationwide. Simply call our funeral home and we will take care of the rest for you.
In conclusion, the decision to make advanced funeral arrangements is becoming more popular with each passing year. This year, half of the funerals performed will have been planned in advance. While many people remain uncomfortable with the idea of death and dying, it is a fact of life that all of our families will face. When this time comes, shouldn't you be prepared? Ultimately, your family will thank you for choosing pre-arrangement and the caring professionals of Bekavac Funeral Home.