The death of a close friend or loved one is the beginning of a complex and emotional process that Bekavac Funeral Home can undoubtedly make easier in your time of need. Grief and loss truly do flood a person’s mind and heart, and doing the simplest of tasks can seem daunting. Our job is very important. Therefore, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. And when we say “we,” at 2:00 AM on Christmas night, you will speak to Dan Sr., Tony or Dan Jr. Not an answering service.
After the initial call is received, we then dispatch one or two of our staff members to any place in the area where your loved one may be. We do not employ a removal service. Our men are dressed in dark suits, clean cut and professional. Even if they may never have direct contact with a family member, they conduct themselves with professionalism and courtesy at all times. Your loved one will then be brought back to our funeral home in a clean, custom vehicle while we await further instructions.
A phone call from one of our directors will then be made to set a time for the initial arrangement conference. This meeting is used to plan the visitation, funeral or memorial service for your loved one. During this meeting, we obtain biographical information on the deceased that will be used for newspaper obituaries, authorizations and consents, certificates, applications and forms. This includes, but not limited to, filing of all necessary legal documents, coordination of services with clergy, churches, and cemeteries, placement of newspaper obituaries, securing certified copies of the death certificate, notifying social security, applying for applicable veteran’s benefits and handling insurance claims at your request.
When traditional burial is desired as the form of final disposition, we will be asking the family to decide upon visitation and service details. Common examples may include the following:
• 2-Day Visitation – This option includes a viewing for two full days, a funeral service at a church or the funeral home on the third day and burial at a cemetery.
• 1 ½ Day Visitation – This selection includes a viewing for one evening, one full day, a funeral service at a church or the funeral home on the third day and burial at a cemetery.
• 1 Day Visitation – Probably the most common selection of families, this option offers a viewing for one full day with a funeral service at a church or the funeral home on the second day and burial at a cemetery.
• Same Day Visitation – This selection includes a viewing for several hours prior to a funeral service at a church or the funeral home followed by burial at a cemetery. This option is most common when a family desires to have a private viewing. Private viewings are meant for extended family members and friends who are personally invited by the immediate family. However, same day visitations may also be made open to the public.
• Immediate burial – This option is the most basic form of traditional burial. There is no viewing for family or friends. When a funeral service is desired, it is normally conducted at the cemetery prior to burial.
When cremation is chosen as the method of final disposition, we have a variety of packages that are sure to accommodate the wishes of any family. We will be asking families to decide upon one of the following options:
• Traditional Two-Day Complete Service – This package is designed for individuals who choose cremation as a method of final disposition but still desire a longer form of traditional viewing. Visitation periods are typically scheduled over two separate days. The traditional two-day package allows for a funeral service on the third and final day.
• Life Tribute One Day Complete Service – Similar to the traditional two-day package, the life tribute package is designed for those individuals who choose cremation as a method of final disposition but still desire a traditional viewing. This package includes the use of our facilities for a one day viewing and also includes a funeral service if desired.
• An Affordable Life Tribute Option – This package is available to individuals that desire a traditional viewing but may not want to spend an entire day at the funeral home. The affordable life tribute option offers a visitation for up to two hours and, if desired, a funeral service at the conclusion of the visitation.
• A Private, Informal Goodbye – If you prefer to say goodbye in a simple, private setting, this package offers a private visitation for your immediate family only. This will help to reaffirm the reality of death and, in many instances, is the beginning of the grieving process. Viewing periods can range from just a few moments or up to an hour.
• Memorial Gathering and Service – A memorial gathering and service is typically scheduled when no traditional viewing is planned. It is a chance for family and friends to gather in order to memorialize the deceased. Memorial gatherings and services may or may not include the presence of cremated remains and are usually conducted at the funeral home, place of worship, cemetery or other location. Our staff is available to assist at any memorial service in order to ensure that the family and guests stay focused on each other’s needs rather than being burdened with the many details associated with the services.
• Immediate Cremation – Immediate cremation is the most basic form of final disposition. This typically involves no visitation, rites or ceremonies. Immediate cremations include the basic services of the funeral director and staff.
Most importantly, the arrangement conference provides a chance for families to ask questions. Whether traditional burial or cremation, our professional staff is here to answer those questions, listen, explain different options, and offer suggestions when needed. Such an emotional time demands the attention of caring professionals with the proper knowledge and experience.
Please visit our Our Prices, Merchandise, Our Crematory, Our Monuments, and Resource Center sections for more information.